Brownwood's Lyric Theatre will exist to provide excellence in cultural entertainment while offering opportunities for local involvement in the arts. The Lyric will encourage participation from existing councils, agencies and organizations in developing a passion for the arts and promoting tourism to Central Texas.
- In achieving excellence the theatre will strive to the highest quality of personnel available both professional and amateur.
- Seize the creative nature of the community both theatrically and musicallyI in various venues including children's theatre, instrumental and choral ensembles
- Draw from the resources of Howard Payne University and surrounding Colleges and Universities utilizing both faculty and student talent.
- Cooperate with all entities interested in Brownwood to promote and develop a vibrant downtown
- Help instill a desire within the surrounding educational communities including grade schools, middle schools, high schools and universities to further develop programs in the theatrical and musical arts.